Child’s Play Blu Ray/Chucky Figure from Scream Factory & NECA
This really isn’t a movie review or an in-depth figure review it’s a little of column A and B as I’m kind of gloating that I snagged these items. If you’re a child of the 80s, you know how the movie Child’s Play and the main villain, Chucky, hits that horror sweet spot.Shout Factory has been releasing a lot of horror movies lately. I found that out due to them teaming up with NECA Toys for this bundle on their site and bringing my attention their way. If you ordered Child’s Play from the Scream Factory website, not only do you get some extra posters and an alternate slip case for the Blu Ray, you get an exclusive Chucky Figure from NECA Toys! Well, I had to jump at that offer as I had yet to buy any Child’s Play movies on Blu Ray.
Down below (as I still haven’t had the time to watch it), is the packaging for the Blu Ray release on the outside. I just can’t wait for the Christmas break as this and other movies need to be played (as well as some games that I just haven’t played yet, either). Any extra time away from parenting, my job, and doing stuff for this site has been scare over the last two months, so I’m planning on binge watching and playing a lot of stuff over the holidays.
If you haven’t seen the film before here it is in a nutshell: a serial-killer ends up possessing a doll that in brought home to a child named Andy. The serial-killer wants revenge still on others and starts to take people out. He then to get out of the Good Guys’ doll and back into human form – and the only way he can do it is by putting his soul back into Andy.
The reviews I’ve read from major videophiles have really praised the new transfer of the film and everything they added as new extras.
Down below is the alternative slip-case for the Blu Ray if you prefer something more friendly on your shelf. It, of course, mimics the Good Guys packaging. As well, the front of this alternative slip-case (and the front of the slip-case picture above) are the two large posters that you got when you ordered this set.
If you haven’t read any of my toy reviews – I have many that I keep in the package as it is the easiest way for me to display items. Down below are pictures of this Good Guy doll that Chucky merged with. He’s happy and family friendly in this form!
I think NECA did a great job and paid very close attention to detail with recreating the box seen in the movie.
Down below is a close up of the figure. It’s so weird having a Chucky figure (or Good Guy doll) in my collection that doesn’t have any ounce of evil in it. In any figures I have or have seen, I’ve always seen that little bit (or a lot) of Chucky in it. This figure is just a wholesome Good Guy!
The rooted hair is done well and the paint on the face is done with care – no slop and no weird, durpy eyes (cough, cough, Mattel).
The outfit looks just like the one in the movie. There’s such little details on the overalls that make you wanna high-five Randy and NECA for actually adding those items instead of just having him wear plain ones. The kicker for me are those small little buttons! Awesome!
While I’d love to take this out, and I may one day to take some pictures, I think this is an excellent collector’s item and it brought Scream Factory added attention from action figure fans and toy collectors. NECA, of course, did another amazing service to the action figure/horror fan community by doing something unique like this and with the right people.
Unfortunately this item is now sold out and I haven’t looked to see what people are selling the figure or posters for on the aftermarket. I really don’t care as I’m not getting rid of mine. You can still always pick up the new Blu Ray!
Just to have everything listed, here’s the breakdown of it all right from Scream Factory’s website:
This Deluxe Limited Edition contains:
- An exclusive, limited edition 5 ½” tall “Good Guys Chucky” doll by NECA
- A limited edition 18″ x 24″ poster of the newly-designed art from artist Justin Osbourn (this poster will ship rolled, in a poster tube)
- A second slipcover — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring custom-made “Good Guys Doll” artwork
- A limited edition 18” x 24” poster of the custom-made “Good Guys Doll” artwork (this poster will ship rolled, in a poster tube)
- Early shipping to arrive two weeks before the national street date
- NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
- NEW Audio Commentary with director Tom Holland
- Audio Commentary with Alex Vincent, Catherine Hicks and “Chucky” designer Kevin Yagher
- Audio Commentary with Producer David Kirschner and Screenwriter Don Mancini
- Select Scene Chucky Commentaries
- NEW Behind-the-Scenes Special Effects footage from Howard Berger (60 minutes)
- NEW Howard Berger: Your Special Effects Friend ‘Til The End – interview with special effect artist Howard Berger (40 minutes)
- NEW Life Behind the Mask: Being Chucky – an interview with actor Ed Gale (40 minutes)
- Evil Comes in Small Packages featuring interviews with Don Mancini, David Kirschner, John Lafia, Chris Sarandon, Brad Dourif, Catherine Hicks, Alex Vincent, Kevin Yagher (24 minutes)
- Chucky: Building a Nightmare featuring Kevin Yagher (10 minutes)
- A Monster Convention featuring Catherine Hicks, Alex Vincent and Chris Sarandon (5 minutes)
- Introducing Chucky: The Making of Child’s Play Vintage Featurette (6 minutes)
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Still Photo Gallery